A good credit score and income proof are fundamental to get a credit card. However, individuals who are newly employed, senior citizens, or freelancers may not always be eligible for a credit card for various reasons, such as lack of credit history or proof of stable income. These are legitimate concerns when the bank evaluates your ability to pay back. So, how does one get a credit card without a credit history or income proof?
Alternative options, such as secured credit cards or those with lower credit limits, are the solution. The IDFC FIRST WOW! Credit Card is issued with full backing of a fixed deposit (FD) with the bank, and a minimum credit limit equal to the total FD’s value. With an FD as the criteria, IDFC FIRST Bank is able to provide a credit card to almost everyone.
IDFC FIRST WOW! Credit Card
Overview – Credit card rewards and fees
IDFC FIRST Bank has maintained minimum charges and interest rates across all its credit card variants.
- The IDFC FIRST WOW! Credit Card has zero joining and annual fees, making it a lifetime-free card
- It’s a secured card, so anyone over the age of 18 with an IDFC FIRST Bank FD can apply for one
- There is no forex markup fee on the IDFC FIRST WOW! Credit Card
- The FD linked to the credit card earns 7.25% interest per annum, ensuring that your investment keeps growing while you reap benefits of the credit card rewards
- Reward points earned on IDFC FIRST Bank credit cards have no expiry date
This credit card features a reward program that is transparent and lucrative, particularly since it is meant for first-time users. Moreover, there is a flat 4X reward point offer on all transactions. For every Rs. 150 spent, you get one reward point, worth Rs. 0.25.
Stand-out features of the IDFC FIRST WOW! Credit Card
For an entry-level option, the card is surprisingly loaded with stand-out credit card features that include:
- Maximum credit limit of up to 200% of the FD value, while a minimum of 100% is guaranteed
- 100% ATM cash withdrawal limit of the FD value, which is best in the industry
- Customers can apply for the IDFC FIRST WOW! Credit Card against a minimum FD of only Rs. 2,000
- The reward rate on the card is Rs. 1 for every Rs. 150 spent on all transactions except those on fuel, insurance, and cash withdrawals
- There is a 0% Forex markup fee, which is best in the industry
- Lastly, your FD continues to generate income at a competitive rate, presently up to 7.25%
IDFC FIRST WOW! Credit Card offers premium features, even for those with less-than-perfect credit scores. One of its most attractive features is perhaps the zero-forex transaction fee, which makes it perfect for those travelling abroad, since it can replace a foreign exchange card. It’s also a great option for students, senior citizens, and freelancers who can’t provide proof of income when applying for a credit card.
This is an sponsored post for IDFC FIRST WOW! Credit Card